Monday 31 August 2009

London Street Style...Denim Story


The gorgeous Toni and her fab denim jacket. I probably need to write a whole lot more on the versatility of the denim jacket but I am still in Lyon and using a laptop where English spell-check doesn't seem to work. So to spare you the agony of reading a horribly misspelt post (it's been a long time between Spelling Bee's!) I will save it for when I get back to London.


I will say this though- a denim jacket is like a good blazer/jacket: something that will last you for years and is incredibly versatile so it is worth spending a little bit more on to get a great fit, denim fabric and cut. I have a white motorcycle style from Max&Co (circa 2002) and a Betty Jackson pale denim number (circa 2005) which I still adore.



6 comments:

  1. What a pleasure to meet you this afternoon. No sooner had I arrived at home, I visited your blog and enthoused about your pictures ! I am looking forward to seeing our pictures ! (if you can't take them on your blog, can you send them to me by mail please ?)
    Doubtless, I will be used to go on your blog :)
    Have a nice trip in Annecy (lucky you !)
    Faustine
    faustine.neyrat@wanadoo.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, a little denim jacket is a great addiction to every wardrobe.
    I'm waiting for your "Loving Right Now" monthly feature, I like to read it ;-)
    Have fun in Lyon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh fellow Uni of the Arts student! I never knew they had white passcard holders as well? I'd say the denim jacket is perfect with her haircolour..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa, wonderful photo of a wonderful jacket! You're so right about denim jackets! After many many years I found myself a new one (I've got 4 already) in Italy this summer. This Dondup jacket has a very great and fashionable fit, I'm really happy with it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it's me!
    Was lovely meeting you Vanessa. I am following your blog eagerly. Please feel free to follow mine.

    Love
    t
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty excited to see this photo. I've similar shoes in black and purple plaid from F21 so they're probably knock-offs and the ribbons were gone. But still I bought them 'cause they were like just $5 a pair. Can't wait to wear them this fall!

    ReplyDelete